Followers

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Master Cleanse


So, tomorrow and for the next 10 days I will be participating in an ayurvedic cleanse. Again, keeping it short and sweet I can't drink alcohol, caffeine, eat dairy, protein, and for the most part carbohydrates (exception being millet and quinoa).

I can use pretty much any vegetable and herb you can think of (but no tomatoes). I can use fruit- and use dried fruits like raisins, dates, and cranberries. I can use walnuts and almonds. I can use olive oil (but not to sautee in, but to finish, yes). I can use lemon and avocado like it's going out of style. Spices - especially spices with heat (Cayenne, curry, Chile powder) I can use as much as I want. I can use salt and pepper. And as it's a vegetable I can use garlic.

It's like an LSAT question, right? Well, chefs, home chefs, I'm tossing this out to you. What's the best dish you have in your arsenal within those boundaries?

I'm all ears.

1 comment:

Cliff Batuello said...

What form are you using and who gave it to you?
Did this many years ago when I was a macrobiotic. I remember it being all grains, lots of rice. Also, there were three phases, one which included "purges".
Nonetheless, I'm interested. Might be useful.