Followers

Saturday, June 21, 2008

First real meal back


I'm past the mid-way point on this cleanse- Day 6 today- and done by Wednesday.It's affected the way I look at food. I still crave my vino, bread, cheese, meat, fish, etc...but I find myself thinking about getting back to normal eating and not just wanting to devour all of those things immediately. It's kind of like this- if you were forced to clean up your room after you had lived messy so long, and maintain it clean for a decent period of time...well...you tend to come like the new benefits of it being clean, and you're not so eager to mess it up right away.

That said, I can't wait for the rigidity of the cleanse way of life to end. Some free thinking on my first meal back. This Thursday will be the day...And I think it will be chicken, rice, and a lot of vegetables. Nothing crazy- probably just marinated grilled chicken breasts. And I will have wine...probably a sample that's open from the day (thinking ahead probably a Macon or something). And bread and cheese (again a couple slices of baguette and some slices of parmesan or comte or what's available).

A new me? No. And Yes. Still a gourmand. Still deeply a passionate eater and practicer of The Culture of the Table. Now, just doing it with respect to my human bio-dynamics...

(And although it's not a point of all of this, and not my intention, in 6 days I've lost 15lbs.)

No comments: