Followers

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Just the mustard please...


Most nights I come home 'round 8pm. Sometimes my wife and son are already in bed. My wife is not a cook, and I almost always come home hungry. When am I not game for food?

On hand I always have:

cheese
olives
lettuce
components for a freshly made vinaigrette (oil, vinaigre, mustard, salt and pepper)
baguette

And a wine. Usually it will be whatever I had opened that day that I liked. Lately I'm quite smitten with our Frappato based reds of Southern Sicily. Sicilian Beaujolais I've presented them as. A little chill and they are fantastic- especially in this heat wave.

It's not a legendary COTT moment, but the above components are simple, honest, and pure. They allow me to have a simple, honest meal, and enjoy a good glass or two of excellent wine. I write this as some have chimed in lately with comments that COTT moments have to be elaborate. Not so all the time. A very well made salad can be mind blowing, and in the right setting can be completely part of the Culture of the Table.

COTT requires honesty that's all- not dollars.

No comments: