Followers

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Human Bio-dynamics


So, I'm now on Day 3 of this Ayurvedic Cleanse and from a food standpoint I've discovered juicing. Juicing is cool.

This cleanse requires a breakfast of freshly prepared juices (usually in a combination of fruit and vegetables, and herbs). I've never done this before, but the flavor that comes off of carrot, juiced from scratch, or even cucumber, is amazing. It's very alive- very pure.

I going to try making some cold soups this way with a base of light spices and finishing with various oils and finely chopped herbs.

Other than that, I have to say that the food is edible, it sustains you, it certainly makes you feel healthy...but I'm not loving it. I'm now starting to understand that this cleanse- this diet- is the equivalent of farming your body bio-dynamically. From a agricultural standpoint I completely believe in that. Wines made when bio-dynamic farming is employed (for me) taste more alive- more pure- more "just' made. They are completely natural.

And here, this cleanse, it makes your health feel in very much that same way. But, I'm human, not a vine, not a plant, and I like my eggs, dairy, cheese, fat, meat, and fish...And I've got 7 days to go. I don't forsee myself gorging on those product categories come day 11, but damn I can't wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Couple soups for you. Puree a few avocados with some olive oil. If you can cook vegetables, cook down a leek & add it to the mix. S&P with fresh lemon juice to taste.
Also, get creative with gazpacho; throw in a jalepeno for a kick.
Keep it up, it will be over before you know it!