Followers

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

'Cause it goes with hotdogs...


Did a piece for Plum TV tonight, and they tried to stump me by candidly throwing the question, "So what do you drink with hotdogs."

Champagne.

Why not. Champagne goes with everything. You want to throw down for ribeye and bernaise sauce, then send me a glass of Vintage Rose. Sushi. Champagne. Chinese with a Szechuan hot sauce dish. Definitely Champagne. Italian, maybe a pasta. Well, I take that back. When eating Italy, drink Italy. For me, that's a law.

Buy Champagne. Drink more Champagne. Chefs, push more Champagne with your food. It works. It's delicious and it's serious with food.

My favorite ever: Salon 1985. I'll never forget it. It had this petrol nuttiness that reminded me of great aged White Burgundy. Like the aromatics you get off a really great bottle of Raveaneu. They were basically indescribable, yet glorious.

Regardless, just as I made a passionate appeal for people to eat more arugula. I'm now making a passionate plea for people to start drinking Champagne with food- to treat it like wine.

'Cause it goes with hot dgos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Hot Dogs & Champagne"
Sounds like a good name for a store...