Followers

Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday Night Special


I just bought a house. It's my first house. Right now, for me, it's expensive (although everyone keeps telling me that it all oddly works out.) So yes, like any freaked person about their personal finances I'm cutting back. Luckily for me my work's definitely increased, so fortunately COTT moments are demanding of much shorter preparations than I would normally like. That's OK. I can have a COTT on a budget and 20 minutes.

Pasta and sauce. It's cheap. It's pre-made. It can be dressed up and elegant. After experimenting with several sauces I've actually come to like Barilla's the best. They seem to add a little sugar to enrich the tomatoes and it does kind of make the sauce taste a little fresher. Chop some parseley- throw it in there. Drizzle some very good olive oil over it. Large chunks of freshly ground black pepper. And a lot of very good grated Parmigiana.

Wine: Dolcetto. Dolcetto is like the pasta and sauce of Italian wine. You know it. You know it's good. It can be cheesy and made to be Merlot-like. But good producers make very interesting examples: DeForville, Roagna, Borgogno, Boglietti Tiglieneri, Rinaldi, Mascarello, Luigi Enuadi, etc...

Consider it...on a Monday night.

No comments: