Followers

Friday, May 16, 2008

Lamb/Rhone...not perfected


As a Long Islander, I'm longing for the heat at this point. It's freezing- very cold for the time of year, and my person wants to be outside. East outside. Drink cold wines. Roses. And leave the Winter until again.


Rhone. That's where my mind's at these days. Chateauneuf is you can find good affordable CDP. (Domaine St benoit CDP Rge Grande Garde 2005- drinking very well right now). But, I grew up drinking Liracs, Rasteaus, Cairannes, etc...The other great villages. And of course lamb along with these wines. (I'm determined to eat and drink my Spring some how.)


Did lamb sauteed on the stove tonight. Finished with a little puree of garlic and olives and olive oil. It was OK. It needed the grill, but it was raining. I lament.


'Tis the weekend and the garden needs my help. Fresh herbs. Young vegetables, and a bottle of Thevenet St Veran.


A dieu...

No comments: