Followers

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

2004 Terres Dorees Beaujolais Vieilles Vignes

Things are getting a little more difficult to continue to perform a COTT moment each night as Little Man maintenance is definitely getting the way of prep, plating, and eating. It's all good though. He's Little Man and I love him more than myself. There will plenty of other nights where I'll get to cook a great meal, enjoy a well laid out table, and feast with great wine.

But, did manage to pull of some simple flounder. People poo-poo the flounder; that's a mistake. Flounder is one of the world's great cheap meats. (I know. I know. Buy skate- it's classic!) And flounder with a simple breaded crust with a pat of butter, some parseley, and lemon is just ridiculously simple to make. The key I've learned is a hot hot pan, with the fat being a mix of butter and olive oil. Seems to work the best through the heat.

Anyway, made a simple salad, and knocked down a glass of the above wine- and it was on day 3 mind you. Just shows the great complexity of grower Bojo. Gamay that actually tastes like it's place. There are earth, leather, and herbal notes that you would associate with the Rhone. And then a dark, almost Gevery quality. All in all, you would never guess Gamay. Damn, this shit is earthy and funky (but like P-Funk funky, good funky).

Go buy a bottle. I found mine for $15. In my mind it's drinking $23.



No comments: