Followers

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The "IT" Albarino


How was Spain?

Well, here I am sitting on the back of a boat ("I'm on boat...on a boat...Never thought I'd be on a boat..."- see Adam Samberg) half way to Nirvana slurping oysters with lemon juice and drinking what- in my opinion- is the next "IT" Rias Baixas Albarino.

I first noticed Lagar de Costa over last year's Thanksgiving dinner. I liked the label- isn't that how we all find many new "it" wines? Anyways, I remember remarking to myself that I loved the combination of power, grace, elegance, and minerality. It was a wine that took the best of all that Albarino had to offer and also made it semi-affordable.

So, after meeting the Costa fam, and slurping osyters with them and friends on the back of a boat...well, I'm now head over heels.

Folks, Lagar de Costa. Pound for pound....Well, ya'll know I can't use "the best"...but, if I could......

For me, it's the "IT" Albarino.

No comments: